Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sweet Thinking of You

This week we have a new challenge at My Sheri Crafts.  DT Sister Raquel chose the theme "Long Time No See--make anything with missing you, thinking of you, etc.". 

I made this Thinking of You card with the free image from Maken It Crafty that I got through the freebie progressive challenge at The Outlawz.

I've been needing to practice on coloring hair and this image gave me a LOT of practice! It didn't turn out too bad, I guess.  The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and the sentiment is a Cricket cut.  That lace butterfly was a really fun find!  I have a bag of lace that I bought at a yard sale last summer. I've dug through it a few times and used some bits from it, but this time I found a butterfly cut out that measured about 6" and gorgeous!  I don't know what I'm going to male with that but then I found a little clump of lace that had a pin in it.  When I took out the pin, 2 of these butterflies fell out along with a couple of side-view butterflies and some other little cuties!  How fun is that?!

Anyway, I embossed my card base with a Paper Studio folder and a few sequins finished this one off for me.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you over at My Sheri Crafts!

5 comments:

  1. Darling image! She is just to cute! Very nice addition with the embossing and the butterfly! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, wow you did a great job on the hair. Such a lovely card, great find on the butterflies.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the image and your coloring looks great! Love the butterfly too!

    Hugs!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, this is so pretty! You did a wonderful job with coloring the image and love the cut sentiment. That lace butterfly definitely adds a lot. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! The image is just darling! Fun design:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!