Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thank You to a Police Officer


Hello!  I'm so glad you stopped by today!  I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and off to a good start on your week.  Today I have a card to share with you that my daughter asked me to make.  One of the city police officers is leaving the force after a long term of service.  She requested "a thank you/best wishes kind of card".  Here's my interpretation of that request:
I also wanted to enter a card in the Just Rite Challenge.  I've never entered their challenge before, but I really like their stamps and have purchase a few sets.

 This sentiment and border is from the Old Friends set.  I found a cut from Lacy Labels that matches the border stamp perfectly.  The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye and the ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  I added a little bling with my I-Rock.I found this badge on Google images and handcut a mat for it.

I finished out the inside on both sides so everyone can sign it and the "Thank You" stamp from Stamp Craft is the finishing touch.  I hope he likes the card, and we do appreciate his years of service. 

Please let me know what you think, I love to read your comments!

This card entered here:
Just Rite Challenges
Going Buggy

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is AWESOME and I KNOW he'll LOVE it, as will your DD! It's very masculine and most appropriate for a retiring LEO -- I have a couple of them in my family! LOVE your fiber under the JR sentiment and that striped BG paper too -- great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking card! Love the papers and the sentiment. Looks good with the Lacy Labels cut! He should love this card!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! The striped paper and sentiment are the perfect compliment to this nice gesture! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sarah,perfect for the occasion, thanks for entering it in the June Going Buggy challenge and good luck
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!