Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 23, 2012

A Tiger Birthday!

Hello!  Today I wanted to make a quick post of Lexi's birthday card and cake.  As you may have seen on my post about her cupcakes, she wanted a tiger birthday.  So here is her card:

 The card is cut from a scrap of textured cardstock and the patterned paper is from The Paper Studio (I think...I'll have to check on that again!). 


The  "GRRRR" is cut from Animal Kingdom, the "eat" is from Alphalicious and the rest is from Pooh Font.  The corner punch is from Martha Stewart.
This tiger is also from Animal Kingdom.  I added some doodling with a white gel pen and accented the tiger with a silver gel pen.

I was SOOO pleased with this cake!  I took the bakery a picture I had printed off the internet and they scanned it onto the cake!

Isn't that cool!  Lexi saw the cake on the table when she came in the door and RAN to it with a  big "Ooohhhhhh"!  Made her Mamaw happy! 
 If you look close, you can see that Wyatt is already licking his lips in anticipation! :) 

Well, I'm off to the school for Kaylee's birthday now!  Unfortunately, she didn't decide she wanted me to bring cupcakes in time for me to make her any decorations.  After all, she's a big 6th grader now and she's struggling with still wanting Grandma to do stuff, but feeling maybe she's too old for it.  Little does she know, you never really outgrow needing your Grandma!

I'm also entering this card here:
Birthday Sundaes - animal birthday card

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!