Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Playing with new colored pencils!

I'm not very good at shading with markers so I like to use colored pencils, but I never could get anything but soft colors and wanted something brighter, closer to shades you get with markers.  One of my friends showed me her Crayola Colored pencils and they seemed a lot brighter.  So of course I had to buy some too!  I  printed off various digi stamps and played around coloring them and I liked the way this one turned out, so I made a card with it.

The digi stamp is from Digi Darla Stamp Club, the patterned paper is Anna Griffin, stamped sentiment is Stampabilities, butterfly stickers from Stickopotamus and bling is Imaginisce.  I used my new I-Rock that I won from Cathie at Creative Cutter Room!  What a fun tool!  The circles are cut with Creative Memories circle cutting set.
There's a little bling on her hat bow from my stash, too.  I really like how these pencils have so much brighter color.  Still not as vivid as markers, but if I don't figure out how to do shadowing with markers, I'll stick primarily to pencils.  There's an "Extreme Color" set, too, that I'm gonna try!

A little inking, a little pop dotting, finish the inside and there you go!  The colors look more Spring than Fall, but I had this scrap piece that was a good size to make an A2 card, so I went with it!

I'm entering this card in these challanges:
Flutterby Wednesday - Thankful or gratitude
More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday - Buttons, Bling or Brads

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!  Remember to count your blessings!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Super sweet card! Thank you for sharing with us at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, your shading looks great and love the fab papers you have used.
    Sandy

    You can view my card here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy~~I love your new blog look! Looks great!
    Cute card! I have not tried coloring yet!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new blog look! great card! have you ever used the technique with the pencils of baby oil and a blending pencil?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!