Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mouse & Cupcake Birthday Card

I got a chance to play along with the Designed2Delight digi stamp challenge again this week.  It's been a long time since I was able to get in on the fun.  Each week that you play along, you get a free digi stamp on Friday to use for the next challenge.  This week is the Cupcake Mouse.  Here is the card I came up with:
The "Party" stamp is from Studio G, the dragonfly is from my ages old stash.  The background paper is DCWV "Nana's Kids" stack.  I used Gypsy Wanderings to cut out the digi stamp in the cupcake shape.  I cut it at 3.5" and the shadow layer at 3.75" The shadow cut of the cupcake is pearlized paper from Colorbok.  The cute cupcake ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.

I colored the picture first with colored pencils, then filled the "icing" with light pink glitter glue.  After it dried, I added dark pink glitter glue for the "sprinkles" and a small gem on her little flower. 


The inside is cut from Lacy Labels.  I used my Gypsy to make it longer to fit the page, and I cut some of the cirles from the scrap piece left from the front to complete the look.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

We finally got some rain and things have cooled off and greened up a little bit.  We are so very thankful!!  Hoping our friends and family to the south get rain soon, too.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like the card.  Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I like the sparkle and also how the image is cut in a cupcake shape! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    PS - Send some rain down to Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Great job with the dimension and I {heart} all the sparkle :) Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! Love that mouse and the dragonfly and the sparkles are great. Nice job coordinating the patterned paper with the ribbon.
    Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    FCCB DT Member
    http://scrappinwithsabrina@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very CUTE! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! How clever to use a cupcake silhouette as your mat, too! That looks so sharp!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!