Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Disney Birthday



For Wyatt's 1st birthday decorations I made a banner and Disney characters to stand on the table. 
I made stands for the characters like we used to make for our paper dolls.  I stood these on the table around the cake.
The flags were cut from Stand & Salute at 6", the background cut at 6.75".  The letters are from Disney Pooh Font cut in yellow at 2.75". I intended to shadow them, but cut the black the same size as the yellow, so I offset the black instead and decided I really liked that better.
It doesn't show up very well with this dark background, but I used yarn to attach the banner to Mickey's hand and Pluto's tail. 
This picture shows the fun texture of the banner.  I used the Cuttlebug embossing dyes, Circles and Swiss Dots.  Next time I make one, I need to secure each flag together better.  Using just scrapbook adhesive, they came apart easily from the weight.  I'll probably use brads to connect them.  I'm still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!